Friday 8 July 2016

Humiliation / Taste - Bullet Storm / The Blood of the Disaster Dead

HUMILIATION / TASTE - Bullet Storm / The Blood of the Disaster Dead (BLOODBATH Records CD 2016)
I’m still relatively new into Humiliation, whose vast discography is yet to be fully discovered by me. So far I’m only familiar with few split 7”EPs and two albums, but I’m already really impressed with the music of this one of the best Asian death metal commandos. Here’s one of their recent releases, which I was really lucky to grab and which is another split, this time it’s a CD split with Japan based Taste.
Humiliation brings two songs of their ultra heavy and groovy old school death metal, which has that strong influence from bands such as Six Feet Under, Bolt Thrower or Obituary. I am sure that all fans of this sort of music will agree with my comparison, because it cannot be mistaken with anything else. And I’m sure that they will love this music, because Humiliation kicks ass. These Malaysians have great gift for writing memorable, killer riffs and they come with fantastic songs. I’m also glad that the production is always crushing and powerful, so I can listen to their stuff with pure pleasure. “An Absence of Peace” is especially killer song, so I’m really glad that I had a chance to hear another piece of their discography and I’m looking forward for more.
The second band is called Taste and they’re Japanese. I’ve never heard of them before and to be honest, I’m not so much impressed with their two songs. It’s quite brutal and technical sounding death metal, but not really one, which I would like a lot, especially for songs like “The Blood of the Disaster Dead”, where the vocals almost annoyed me (also because they’re so high in the mix), but the riffs were also nothing special. And the noisy production is definitely not helping. There’s the final fragment of “Extinction Force”, which I quite liked as it reminds me Immolation a bit, but other than that Taste didn’t manage to satisfy my hunger for killer death metal.

Final rate: 70 / 100

No comments:

Post a Comment