Saturday 19 April 2014

Into Darkness - Transmigration of Cosmic Creatures into the Unknown

INTO DARKNESS - Transmigration of Cosmic Creatures into the Unknown (DOOMENTIA - 7"EP 2014)
Last year I had a chance to hear and review the excellent debut release from Italian death metal ghouls called Into Darkness… and this CD had some of the most impressive tunes that I have heard that year. So I was very eager to hear some more music from the band… but it took them a while, before next offering was ready. First Into Darkness witnessed some line up changes (leaving only Doomed Warrior left from the previous line up), then recorded “Cosmic Chaos” demo cassette – which I am afraid I did not hear and finally the time came for the 7”EP “Transmigration of Cosmic Creatures into the Unknown”. This single contains two brand new songs – the title track and “Dreadful Omen of a Dark Millennium” and let me tell you – if you liked the first Into Darkness MCD and also like all these obscure, punishing old styled death metal bands then I sure that “Transmigration of Cosmic Creatures into the Unknown” will be perfect for your taste!
When I compare “Transmigration of Cosmic Creatures into the Unknown” to “Into Darkness” then I can say that this new EP is just equally strong and solid effort. It is again very good, killer death metal, born in the fuckin pits of hell, filled with brutal, massacring riffs, ghoulish vocals of Doomed Warrior (she is awesome!) and more so, it has this dark, eerie atmosphere of horror. Into Darkness clearly knows how to compose some killer tunes and yes, they did succeed, delivering pure slaughter again! I think that the material on this EP is faster than on the debut CD, but style wise it is still pretty much the same kind of morbid and obscure death metal a’la early Asphyx and Derketa. I especially loved “Dreadful Omen of a Dark Millennium”, which is just absolutely perfect for me; it has some fast, neckbreaking parts, but also some slower, doomy moments, there’s even a nice melodic theme in one part… but in its entirety, it is just fuckin killer track, a total traditional (Dutch like) death metal worship. Fantastic! But the title song is also great, so I really have enjoyed this single a lot, both the band and Doomentia Records did splendid job when releasing this. It is a must to have… But now I wait for the full length album!

Final rate: 85/100

No comments:

Post a Comment