Tuesday 7 November 2023

Anarchos / Morbid Stench - Ghospels of Necromancy

ANARCHOS / MORBID STENCH - Ghospels of Necromancy (BLOOD HARVEST - 7"EP 2020)

New split 7” vinyl joined my collection, so I am about to share some thoughts on the music. “Ghospels of Necromancy” was unleashed from the Blood Harvest Records abyss and as far as I remember, this label always puts out great music and great bands. This split is another good example, indeed. 

I’ve started by listening to Anarchos. It’s one of those bands, whose name have been popping up here and there, but I never gave a chance to them. And from what I can hear on this split, it is absolutely shame that I missed them earlier. They come up with a song titled “Grotesque Perversity” plus a Slaughter cover, and damn, this is one tasty motherfuckin’ old school death metal. Anarchos are Dutch and this can be the most obvious comparison I could make (along with early Morgoth), if I wanted to describe their music. It's just a nasty, dark, vicious sounding death metal filled with powerful, mid-tempo riffs and killer, ghoulish growls. I know it’s hard to judge a band from one song only, but “Grotesque Perversity” makes me thirsty for more. 

And then Morbid Stench. Well, I am a fan of this band, for sure, both albums they released are absolutely fantastic. And “Brethren Accuser” shows that Morbid Stench is unstoppable beast. What you will find here are pounding, chunky death / doom riffs in a bit more mid-paced tempo, so don’t expect to be overwhelmed by utterly slow, doomy heaviness. I still think that they walk a similar path to Hooded Menace on their recent records, in contrary to Finns early albums, which were just slooooww and dooom. There’s also a bit of melody, including a nice Swedish-like harmonious pattern, the production is harsh, but it fits well that sort of music and its atmosphere... so, I have nothing more to desire, Morbid Stench doesn’t disappoint. 

Verdict: 75/100

1 comment:

  1. dobry wieczór, przepraszam, że tak późno wieczorem - chciałem podziękować za dekady ciężkiej pracy w ewangelizacji metalu. ostatnio kupiłem sobie Fulmination - Humanity's Dirge (jeszcze ostały się ostatnie sztuki, nawet po tylu latach) i zrobiłem to za sprawą rekomendacji na tym blogu. Zacząłem też sam pisać recki na innym blogu (powiązanym). Zazdroszczę entuzjazmu i jest to dla mnie mega inspirujące. Koniec tego słodzenia, dziękuję jeszcze raz i nigdy się nie poddawaj. Only Death is Real

    ReplyDelete