Tuesday 1 November 2022

Formis - Pogromca

FORMIS - Pogromca (DEFENSE Records - CD 2022)

If there's anything I hate more than "disco polo" then it's the fuckin "metalo-polo". And Formis feels like an awfully perfect representant of that music. So, I will make this (not even) a review short, because I just don't like "Pogromca" at all, it's not my kind of metal, so I don't see a reason why I should waste much time for it. 

Formis plays kind of modern, melodic thrash / death metal, with influence from shit like Arch Enemy, Sepultura, Machine Head. All bands, which I just dislike. Musically Formis is blindly following that style of metal, with all these characteristic riffs, melodies, crystally clean production and not even an ounce of real aggression and metal savagery, which I look for. I've never been a fan of that sort of music, so I don't see anything interesting in this album. More so, Formis like all metalo-polo bands, have useless sounding vocals with even more useless Polish lyrics, which are a last nail in their coffin. It doesn't matter if the dude tries to scream, growl or use clean singing, it never sounds well with Polish lyrics and with that annoying accent. Fuck it then. I obviously understand that this music has its fans, they will love to come up to Pol'and'Rock Festival to see Formis, because this will be a perfect audience for that kind of band. I don't care, piss off with that album. 

Verdict: 40/100

No comments:

Post a Comment