Wednesday 30 November 2022

Damage Case - Heavy Metal Sacrifice

DAMAGE CASE - Heavy Metal Sacrifice (PUTRID CULT - CD 2022)

WTF?!!! It's weird that I've never heard anything about Damage Case before I got their "Heavy Metal Sacrifice" album. Or maybe I did, but I simply do not remember it? Who knows. It turns out that this Polish project has been active for maaanyy years now and this is their fourth full length. I will not even count some demos that were done in the mid 00's! Well, I am never ignorant, but I just have no idea how this band passed unnoticed. But I am glad that "Heavy Metal Sacrifice" spins in my stereo, because it's really cool album. 

And to describe the music, I will just mention one band. VEEENNNOOOMMMMMM. Fuck, this music screams Venom in every second of the album. OK, there's also Motorhead (obviously the name came from their song, am I right?), Sodom, Sabbat, Darkthrone (from the recent albums obviously). Even Bathory debut is in this music. But the majority of riffs as well as the vocals manner, lyrics, atmosphere of the music are very much Venom influenced. And Damage Case sounds great. I really mean that. It doesn't matter that some of these riffs are cut and paste from Newcastle and you probably have heard it all on "Welcome to Hell" or "Black Metal". Or albums from bands I mentioned above. "Heavy Metal Sacrifice" sounds incredibly fun and cool. All these songs are catchy, there are fantastic riffs and choruses to sing along and it's brilliant how well Damage Case reincarnated the archaic atmosphere of primeval black / thrash or whatever metal was done in the early 80's. Forty years later these two guys captured the essence of this music. Sure, nowadays you could hear that also in Midnight or Darkthrone too. But Damage Case is good too. Oh, I would also mention another Polish band, Warfist, for that company. It doesn’t matter though who or what. I just likle “Heavy Metal Sacrifice”. Songs like the title track, “Midnight Sin” or "Priest on Electric Chair" are infectious like black'n'roll should be, but my favourite track is the last one, the slowest and most evil of them all, "Season of the Witch" - very cool track! Just check it out yourself and get infected with it! 

Verdict: 79/100

No comments:

Post a Comment