Tuesday 8 November 2022

Profanity Angel - Holy Thrones Abolition

PROFANITY ANGEL - Holy Thrones Abolition (PUTRID CULT - CD 2022)

It's been a while (four years to be exact) since I've listened to Profanity Angel's split CD with Incinerator, but I am glad that they are back with another recording. What we're getting this time is EP titled "Holy Thrones Abolition" - so, again not a full album, but I don't think it's a problem at all, especially when the music gives such a powerful kick. 

These Poles continue what was started on "Execration of the Holy Spirit" split, which is fast, ferocious and insanely bestial black / death metal. Without further ado Profanity Angel performs a carefully planned, massed attack with damn heavy, intense cannonade of riffs adorned with a (great) raw, but relatively transparent production. They do not take prisoners. They do not really care for having any melodic or more memorable parts. "Holy Thrones Abolition" is a pure sonic annihilation. And I love it. Profanity Angel really does everything perfectly for this style of music, there's that lethal energy coming from every sound, there's that evil, sacrilegious atmosphere, which embraces the whole music. Riffs are fantastic. Musicianship is great, I like the drumming, vocals sound brilliant as well. I don’t need anything else. 

This music may sound primitive and chaotic, but when done properly it can really impress. And that is exactly what I feel when I listen to Profanity Angel. It's a short recording, but these twenty minutes are enough to convince about how good "Holy Thrones Abolition" is. With the “repeat" button on, I think I've given this CD at least twenty spins and I would like more. Let's hope it won't take that long for these guys to record another opus then. 

Verdict: 80/100

No comments:

Post a Comment