Friday 22 November 2019

Undergang - Hævntørst

UNDERGANG - Hævntørst (ME SACO UN OJO - Flexi 7" 2011)
This is the only flexi disc I have in my collection and I don't think I want more of them. I don’t like them and the sound is rather poor. But I thought it would be nice to have this particular single in collection, because it contains a rare song from Undergang (song, which only appeared on a compilation before). Why the hell not then, right? 
Only one song, so there's not much to listen to and write about. But "Hævntørst" is just damn good piece of death metal filth. This Flexi came out shortly after Undergang's debut LP "Indhentet af døden", but this song was recorded already back in 2009. Expect exactly the same sort of music as from any other Undergang release. Obscure, mid to slow paced, downtuned, heavy death metal, with a bit primitive feel, nastiness and filth, which originates in the works of Autopsy or Winter. It creates an immense eerie, horror atmosphere, it's creepy and disgusting, so it’s a perfect to accompany you at your weekend grave-digging party! Riffs and vocals (or vomits, as this is how they sound like haha!) may not be the most brilliant ever, but they work perfectly for this death metal style.  
I have to say that Undergang has a fantastic touch for such obscure death metal, especially for the crushing slower riffs, which are my most favourite. I span this track few times in a row, so good it is and so infectious, so if you ever see "Hævntørst" then, do not hesitate to grab it. It's worth having in collection, despite being on flexi disc. Good stuff from a worthy band. 
Verdict: 75/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment