Thursday 22 April 2021

Rotten Coffin - Suffering, Chaos and Death

ROTTEN COFFIN - Suffering, Chaos and Death (CARELESS DEMO Records - CD 2021)

Portugal is never my first choice country, if I want to search for some great extreme metal bands. There's hardly anything from there what I would really like. In death metal style I could definitely mention Festering and Archaic Tomb as two names, which caught my attention in the past few years. But other than that, there's not a lot interesting going on, if compared to some other European countries, I’m afraid. But I just received a freshly released demo "Suffering, Chaos and Death" of a band called Rotten Coffin. And yes, I could really say that this demo is a solid start and I really enjoyed music of this monster. 

What do we have here? Buzzsaw guitar tone straight from your favourite Dismember album, a lot of aggressive and vicious, but also few more melodic riffs, groove and heaviness well balanced with blasting stuff, great growls... Yeah, it is old school death metal to the bone. Obviously, it is nothing original, nothing utterly mind-blowing. But I won't say a bad word about this demo. It has everything I need from such music; and the songwriting and execution are precise and exactly as they should be. Rotten Coffin reminds me bands like Revel In Flesh, the quality and the style are very alike. As a fan, I cannot walk away from it carelessly. Don't blame me then for being relatively easy for such bands as Rotten Coffin. They perform one of my favourite styles of metal, so I am never very criticizing for them. But even without that, I think that "Suffering, Chaos and Death" is truly cool, so we should all look for more music from this band. This CD is limited to 100 copies only, be quick then. Or be dead. But support this awesome band. 

Standout track: “Embroidered in Suffering” 

Verdict: 75/100

No comments:

Post a Comment