Sunday 7 June 2020

Anatomia / Surgikill - Split 7"EP

ANATOMIA / SURGIKILL - Split 7"EP (Selfmadegod 7"EP 2017)
Every time I see another Anatomia split 7", I want to have it. Split with Surgikill also immediately ended in the Selfmadegod basket, I even managed to grab a limited to 90 copies only coloured vinyl edition, which is awesome. Anyway, Anatomia never disappointed. Their crushing, sludgy, obscure doomy death metal is a real feast and I just love that cadaverous atmosphere and massive, heavy bone crushing raw sound of theirs. They don’t really do anything new, but it always sounds just awesome. It's no different with "Creeps from Beneath" on this split. This song is filthy, disgusting, raw, it has almost a primitive nature. But that's just how I love this band to sound. Of course it has a lot of influence from Autopsy, and of course Anatomia will never be Autopsy... But these guys are fantastic and I am a big fan of their music. "Creeps from Beneath" is another song from them that I worship. Awesome! 
Surgikill was a small mystery to me. I never had a chance to hear anything from this band before, but knowing the line up (with members of such bands as Cauldron Burial, Wooden Stake, Tombstones, Scaremaker) I kind of knew what I should expect from it. And I got that exactly. "Cursed Nightgraves" is a great song, I have to say. This is solid and crushing old school death metal, with a bit of that sludgy feel, but also with some of grinding brutality and speed, so this song is pretty diverse. The riffage is awesome, I love that horror, eerie creepy atmosphere, also Vanessa's demonic vocals are great... Surgikill definitely didn't disappoint, so I want to hear more from them. 
Verdict: 85/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment