Friday 22 November 2019

Ekpyrosis - Primordial Chaos Restored

EKPYROSIS - Primordial Chaos Restored (TERROR FROM HELL Records CD 2018)
There are only very, very few Italian death metal bands, which I like to listen to (like Undead Creep, Profanal, Into Darkness, and few more). And Ekpyrosis with their "Asphyxiating Devotion" album definitely got a lot my attention and support. That’s exactly kind of death metal I like to listen to. So, with Ekpyrosis’ new EP "Primordial Chaos Restored" there was no doubt that I have to get a copy of this material. There're twenty minutes of music in it. Five songs, with Incantation cover among them... And I can quickly say that I am not disappointed. What a killer death metal it is, what a quality recording! They tick all the right boxes, which describe the proper, powerful and guts ripping death metal, and I mean the so-called old-school death metal, where Incantation - since we have their cover - definitely is a good point of reference, among others.  
Expect good dose of brutality, but songs, which are fairly memorable, instead of being a useless and mindless wall of noise. Expect a whole lot of killer, crushing riffs, with good balance between fast paced, blasting death metal and monstrous, heavy slower stuff.  Occasionally you'll find a small dose of melody (like in the doomy opener "Abyssal Convergence"), so Ekpyrosis' style is not limited to just one style, which is obviously very good and proves that they have many interesting ideas. And the quality is definitely much above the average of what you can hear in the current OSDM scene, so do I need to tell more? I don't think so. This is just bloody excellent band and a real feast to listen to. I can only wish to get more similar stuff from them in the future. And I also want to see "Primordial Chaos Restored" released as a 12" or 10" vinyl. 
Standout track: "Instigation of Entropy" 
Verdict: 85/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment