Monday 13 February 2023

Hexenaltar - Bestial Damnation

HEXENALTAR - Bestial Damnation (GODZ OV WAR - CD 2022)

Another new band, which Godz ov War took under their darkened wings, is Warsaw based Hexenaltar. Here is "Bestial Damnation", one of two EPs, which this project has unleashed in 2022. Well, there are three proper songs on that CD only, so I don't have much material to base my opinion on. But I can definitely say that Hexenaltar plays solid and worthy thrash metal, with a bit of black metal feel thrown to it. It sounds quite alike to such Bloodthirst or Bestiality, in my opinion, and it definitely gives a nice kick in balls. I always like how ferocious and aggressive can such thrash metal sound like (in opposition to wimpy thrash metal like Anthrax or other shit), it appeals to me with the fast tempo that dominates in these songs and harsh, yet energetic production of this recording. It is straight forward and uncompromising music, no fuckin around with melodies or other shit, just vicious and violent thrash from start to finish played on the top speed. It’s exactly as I like it. These three songs go fast, so I am eager to hear more... but man, Hexenaltar really did cause a strong neckache after confrontation with their music. 

Let me just add that few live songs have been thrown to this CD as a bonus. But I would rather focus on the studio material. These live songs are OK, but Hexenaltar shows their full potential in the three studio songs. So, let’s keep an eye open on this band, there may be something great coming from them in the future. And I hope that they will continue also Abominated, which is another killer band, as I see that some members of Hexenaltar are also involved in Abominated. Get back to work then, fuckers. 

Verdict: 80/100

No comments:

Post a Comment