Friday 26 August 2022

Nauseant - ILN

NAUSEANT - ILN (Self financed promo 2009)

Sometimes I just don’t remember what hides among the stack of CDs or vinyl, there are always some items, which I completely forgot about and have not listened to in ages. Here's one such example of CDR demo I had in collection for years, I think I got it directly from the band at the time, when it was released and I was still running a printed fanzine. But after doing a review, I had to put it somewhere and forgot about it. And just yesterday I saw it all covered in dust and slime. Damn, I even had no idea I have such a great demo in my collection. The band is called Nauseant and this is a promo CDR copy of their "ILN" EP from 2009, limited to 30 copies only and pressed on a simple CDR with a xeroxed cover. 

And what the hell, this Swedish band wanted badly to be like Finnish monsters from Demilich!!!! Simple as that. There are so many similarities to "Nespithe" authors that it's almost striking. Just check these inhuman, deep monstrous growls. Someone may say that Antti Boman was one and only and who would dare to imitate him. Arghhh, lose your pants, it's just death metal! And Kalle Fagerberg does quite great job here. More so, the whole music also sounds very solid and interesting. Obviously, these riffs have that sick, weird sound, so similar to some of these Finnish lunatics like Demilich, Lubricant or Funebre, so yeah, I just have to looooveee it. Some crazy and bizarre arrangements, tempo changes, almost cacophonic parts here and there, obscure sound... It sounds wonderfully sick to my old ears! Actually, “ILN” has such a strong early 90’s vibe that it could be mistaken with some of these old demos or EPs. With the exception that the production here is a bit better. 

All in all, I feel just happy that I managed to find this CDR in my collection. Great discover, yes. And I will definitely try to grab a copy of the vinyl (released by No Posers Please! from Norway, a great label, which was run by a Diskord dude!). Hell yeah! 

Verdict: 80/100

No comments:

Post a Comment