Friday 19 August 2022

Stillborn - Cultura de la muerte

STILLBORN - Cultura de la muerte (GODZ OV WAR - CD 2022)

This brand-new black vomit from Stillborn is a real feast to my ears. I'm not even gonna pretend it’s any different, this album caught me in some sort of maniacal maelstrom – as a result, I couldn’t take it off the fuckin stereo for days. You can only imagine destruction it caused to my ears and how it pissed off my wife, who really had enough of this album hah! But extreme metal is not a vaniila ice cream, it has to be rough and be hostile hah! 

I have to say that I like that consistency, with which Stillborn records their music, how they stick to the best formulas for their style of death metal, without any compromises – and despite all lineup changes they suffered. But also, how they make the music sound even more dense, more intense and darker. Ohh, more blasphemous too, which is now underlined with the Polish lyrics on this new album. Although you may not understand much from these harsh, possessed screams of Killer, but there’s no doubt that lyrics for such “Gniew diabła” and “Profanacja i bluźnierstwo” are a big fuckin nail in the coffin of christianity, especially in such useless country as Poland. Anyway, going back to the music, there’s one more thing, which I personally like a lot. There are eight songs, compressed in nearly thirty minutes. This really underlines the brutality and ferocious intensity of “Cultura de la muerte” perfectly. Stillborn doesn’t waste time for some unnecessary intros, covers or whatever, but blast and crush with no remorse. With such a short album they don’t even need to diversify these songs much, it all seems to have one aim to fulfill – and Stillborn are there to do it! Total annihilation! 

Yeah, enough of that melodrama and stupidity. “Cultura de la muerte” is really damn great and worthy album, it may be the best Stillborn effort so far – but I would have to check some of their early stuff first, before giving a final verdict (it’s been years since I’ve listened to some of that stuff). But the truth is, I don’t remember any of their albums to have such an intensified and repeatable listening session as “Cultura de la muerte”. Which is why I really, I mean REALLY recommend this album a lot. Don't be a pussy, get it before it’s too late. 

Verdict: 85/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment