Sunday 28 August 2022

Eggs of Gomorrh - Wombspreader

EGGS OF GOMORRH - Wombspreader (GODZ OV WAR - CD 2022)

I hate to admit it, but I am guilty of a great underestimation. Even though I have heard of Eggs of Gomorrh a few times before, I never bothered to check their music. I did not care, I guess. But now “Wombspreader” is crushing the speakers in my music room and I have to say it, I was wrong to skip this band before. My opinion on their new album is simple – it is a fuckin' killer. It may be one of the best releases from Godz ov War so far – which should be a good recommendation, if you know how much great music has been unleashed by this Polish label. I didn’t even expect that it will be so good, so it’s a nice, much welcomed surprise for me.  

If you’re looking for anything sophisticated, Eggs of Gomorrh will not be for you. This band opted for the most ferocious and insanely intense, straight forward bulldozing death / black metal one can imagine. Without wasting a second, they fire up with a cannonade of savage and slashing riffs, which can result in pure annihilation. They are furious, aggressive and bestial and do not sound soft or weak. Eggs of Gomorrh kind of creates a crushing wall of sound, which erupts right in your face and demands a loud, repetitive listening session.   

Stylistically, it may be a bastard child of Angel Corpse, early Morbid Angel, Diocletian, Infernal War, Impiety, Perdition Temple, Revenge, Azarath and that sort of bands. Put all their lethal energy, viciousness and barbarity into one cauldron and it will blow up in the form of Eggs of Gomorrh. A lot of the music on the album is insanely fast and brutal, which gives that erupting, chaotic feel. But I am glad that “Wombspreader” also contains some slower fragments, there are even small traces of shy melody here and there, which gives a nice diversity and more interesting results. So, as weird as it may sound, I take a lot of pleasure from this album. Its energy and dark atmosphere work perfectly well for my musical taste, I like these songs a lot and do not find anything what would not be right, really. “Wombspreader” is a brilliant album, so I can only recommend it to all crazy maniax out there. You will never see this band on Wacken, but damn, it kills 90% of bands from there, I am sure. 

Verdict: 85/100

No comments:

Post a Comment