Saturday 13 October 2018

Witch Head Nebula - Krzyk z próżni

WITCH HEAD NEBULA - Krzyk z próżni (UNDER THE SIGN OF GARAZEL - CD 2018)
I'm sorry for such a short and laconic review... but my will to write anything about Witch Head Nebula is close to zero. I got debut album of this Polish black metal band together with the newest Cultes des Ghoules album, so you should guess that my whole attention went for "Sinister, or Treading the Darker Paths". Truly deserved. "Krzyk z próżni" had to wait for its turn, but when I started to listen to it, I had to dose this music in parts, because it annoyed me from the very beginning. It's boring and utterly forgettable harsh black metal, which to me has nothing to offer. Couple of great riffs, even a bit more melodic parts are not enough, when the whole material lacks so much. Every song sounds the same, is completely derived of anything what would really impress me, except the same one dimensional, dull black metal chaotic riffage with some truly weak vocals and bleak, but tiring atmosphere. These are some wasted 45 minutes in my life, which I will never get back, I'm afraid. And I still wonder why some labels find time and money to release such albums. Maybe their tolerance for harsh, simplistic black metal is bigger than mine... I require a bit more than just raw production and couple of solid riffs. 
Verdict: 40/100

No comments:

Post a Comment