Thursday 19 July 2018

Acrimonious - Perdition Gospel

ACRIMONIOUS - Perdition Gospel (SALVATION DISTRO - 10"MLP 2007)
This EP is fuckin insane, an absolutely killer piece of black metal filth. I worship Acrimonious for their "Sunyata" and "Eleven Dragons" albums, both are excellent records, which I recommend totally. But I never had a chance to hear their previous works, until recently when I managed to buy "Perdition Gospel" EP from 2007. Released by Salvation Distro on 10" vinyl, it is just fantastic black metal, I’m very glad then that I had a chance to add this EP to my collection! 
We get four songs on "Perdition Gospel", all played in the raw, aggressive and fast black metal vein. But this is Greek black metal band, which doesn't sound Greek at all, let's be honest. Their sound and style influences are both deeply rooted in North of Europe... which I don't mind, because this music is killer. Raw, simplistic, yet ultimately aggressive and vicious black metal, in the vein of Urgehal, Funeral Mist, Pest and so on and forth. There’s absolutely nothing revolutionary or spectacular about it. But Acrimonious is far from sounding lame and uninspiring. These four songs really provide excellent riffs, with powerful production and great, malicious aura around the whole music. Slow paced songs like "On Serpent Wings" sound fantastic, fast tracks like "Goatrapture" are absolutely neck-breaking (what a great drummer!!!!), so I have nothing else to wish for. This is killer black metal EP and absolutely must to have for all maniacs of this genre. Fantastic band. 
Standout track: "Gospel of Perdition" 
Verdict: 85/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment