Sunday 17 June 2018

Gravelord - I

GRAVELORD - I (PUTRID CULT - CD 2018)
This is gonna be short review, I don't feel a need to write in depth elaborate about Gravelord's debut album "I'. Not because I hate the music and don't wanna waste my time on it. Nope! It's just because it’s so simple to describe that it's not necessary to write book about it. 
What we have here is pretty entertaining and cool to listen to mixture of black metal, thrash and old school heavy metal. It's like blending Motorhead, Venom, Aura Noir, Nifelheim, early Bathory, Bewitched in filthy, obscure cauldron and swirl it until the most blackened tar will come out. Add a lot of sulphur into this mix though! And the result is "I". Yeah, it's music, which is often called black 'n' roll, although personally I hate this description. Anyway, we have here nine songs and an intro, everything is solid, well played, we have nice simplistic riffs, good production... This music is instantly catchy and memorable, but to be honest for me it quickly becomes quite boring. I feel like every song sounds the same, has been built on similar type of riffs and ideas... So, I could enjoy "I' while having a nice cold beer, but one spin of this CD is enough for me. After that I want to change the music for something different. It's one of these CDs, which I can treat as an anomaly in my collection, very different to the stuff I listen to usually. I don’t think I will be coming back to it often, but I can certainly admit that Gravelord music will find its supporters. 
Standout tracks: none has stood out for me 
Verdict: 60/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment