Sunday 27 June 2021

WItchfuck - Black Blood Baptism

WITCHFUCK - Black Blood Baptism (GODZ OV WAR - CD 2021)

Finally I have "Black Blood Baptism" in my hands. It's actually my second attempt to listen to this album. The first one was rather funny, because the original CD turned out to be a misprint of CD factory and had completely different music on the disc. I have now something like one copy only misprint CD, which I am sure will be worth a thousand bucks in the future hahah! Jokes aside though, but I am glad that Greg from Godz ov War sent me a proper copy to replace that fucked one. Now I can finally listen to Witchfuck as it's supposed to be. The band itself is still relatively new to me, because I missed their debut EP "Disgusting Rock’n’Roll" and only had "Blasphemous Hell's Legions" split with Necrosadist in my collection. There was only one song featured on that split, but I liked it a lot, so getting "Black Blood Baptism" was the only option. 

And here it is then - 37 minutes of intense, insanely uncompromising and aggressive black metal onslaught. Pure and raw energy, uncontrollable fury and savagery hearable in every riff or Maras' scream - this is what Witchfuck is. Do not expect this music to sound nice and polite, do not expect that it will be atmospheric and melodic... Witchfuck's music has that old school feel obviously, some riffs may have a bit of old Sodom or Venom influence, while other can be more in the Marduk vein... Such “Dar” opens with almost Darkthrone’ish riff even. Mostly this shit is fast and songs are short, which is why they can sound like quick, merciless punches straight in the face. That attitude can remind me old fucks like Impaled Nazarene or even Witchmaster a little. But I like that Witchfuck can diversify their music properly with songs like "Pentagram In Fire", which are slower, have more interesting structures, etc. Anyway, the whole album sounds incredibly energetic and aggressive, what is exactly the thing I seek in such bands. More so, riffs are great, vocals are brilliant (it's not the first time I am impressed with Hellscreamaross' performance) and the production is perfect for that sort of black metal. There’s not a dull moment here, also that “Pure Evil and Hate” cover sounds cool, even if it’s the least interesting part of the album, in my opinion. 

And well... I'm not sure what else can I write here... I mean, Witchfuck is not a band, whose music would need long, deep descriptions, it's not sophisticated type of shit, if you know what I mean. It is primeval, pure and poisonous. Great album, in my opinion, giving it 80 points is just easy.

Standout tracks: "Pentagram In Fire", “Dar”, “The Horned Archangel” 

Verdict: 80/100

No comments:

Post a Comment