Friday 27 March 2020

Necrovorous - Funeral for the Sane

NECROVOROUS - Funeral for the Sane (PULVERISED - CD 2011)
When this album was unleashed back in 2011 I ignored it, don't ask me why, I don't even remember what was the reason... but the truth is, I didn’t feel like I need to have "Funeral for the Sane" for many years. But when Necrovorous released split 7" with Anatomia (which I bought) and absolutely crushed there, I decided to catch up with their discography and got this CD. I am so lucky I finally did, because it's very good death metal album. Sure, it nothing groundbreaking, nothing exceptional, to be honest, but it is great enough to enjoy some pulverizing sounds. Necrovorous did everything so right on this album, went for the most traditional elements of 90's death metal, both from the brutal US scene and from more atmospheric and sometimes also melodic European bands and glued it all together into one fantastic, bloodthirsty beast. It delivers a great variety of different riffage styles and tempos, the music sounds venomous and aggressive, and like in "The Vilest of All Dreams" it can surprise with a crushing doomy riff and even keyboards, which help to achieve even darker and more eerie sound. And well... Like I said, it is nothing new, but Necrovorous learned their lesson in old school death metal very well and "Funeral for the Sane" sounds great and is a worthy effort.  
Think of Grave, Incantation, Asphyx, Autopsy, Morgoth, Death, Obituary, Vomitory, Bolt Thrower and more. Think of their excellent, timeless legacy. Necrovorous will never be called a classic and cult band, because they’re not from the golden era. But I do fuckin love this album anyway. Great pure death metal. I recommended it strongly, this album but also their more recent effort “Plains of Decay”. 
Standout tracks: "The Vilest of All Dreams", "Mind Lacerations", "Funeral for the Sane" 
Verdict: 80/100  

No comments:

Post a Comment