Sunday 11 August 2019

Forest Whispers - Arkany zniewolenia

FOREST WHISPERS - Arkany zniewolenia (FALLEN TEMPLE - CD 2019)
They say that it's already third Forest Whispers album, but I honestly have never heard about this band before. I don't know if it’s good or not that I never heard them before and if I lost anything or not, but I assume that if their previous albums were good then I would hear about them. But no, this is the first time I ever hear about such band, not to mention their music. Fallen Temple decided to give them a chance and released "Arkany zniewolenia" on CD. Well, I have to say that I had some bad feelings about this album only by taking a look at these hilarious band photographs - oh boy, I cannot believe bands still do such things. Well, who cares... 
Luckily, the music isn't that bad. It's actually far better than I expected. Which is good, I have no time for crappy black metal jokes. Forest Whispers intrigued me a bit and I did listen to "Arkany..." more than just couple of times only because of the review duty. Musically it is quite traditional black metal influenced by the old Scandinavian, but also old Polish black metal scenes. Without sounding raw or primitive - very good production and solid performance of the band are strong aspects of the album for sure - Forest Whispers brings us some traditional sounding riffs, melodies, which can remind you such old classics as "Stormblast", "Wicher", "Eld", "For kunsten maa vi evig vike" and so on... There's nothing spectacular or original about their black metal, but it's really solid and worth to listen to effort, I think. It's not boring, as there's a lot going on in these songs, with tempo variations, use of acoustic guitars or balance between more aggressive and atmospheric parts. Am I surprised to like it? Yes, I am, because nothing was telling me that Forest Whispers would be that good. They are though! Good riffs, good quality... It’s worthy material, so I will be coming back to this album for sure. 
Verdict: 70/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment