Thursday 15 November 2018

Create a Kill - Summoned to Rise

CREATE A KILL - Summoned to Rise (REPULSIVE ECHO - CD 2018)
Create a Kill is new Floridian metal band, which I think should interest you. And that’s not only because of the line up, which features some well knows musicians, but also with the pretty damn good music! In Create a Kill members of Gruesome (Gus Rios and Daniel Gonzalez) teamed up with Alex Marquez, who you all should remember from playing drums for such classic bands as Solstice, Malevolent Creation, Resurrection or Demolition Hammer. I suppose that they should rise interest of many metal maniacsThe same was with me! And I have to say that once I started to listen to "Summoned to Rise", the CD didn't leave my stereo for few days. It's very good album and a solid, worthy release from Repulsive Echoes. So, I can immediately recommend you getting a copy, Create a Kill is a must to have. 
I obviously expected to hear some Florida classic death metal, but to my surprise Create a Kill is much more thrash metal act than death metal. And with thrash metal I always have the problem that most of it bores me and it has to be really fuckin good to impress me. And "Summoned to Rise" definitely is good as hell. It just sounds exactly I like thrash to sound. No weak stuff, but aggressive and nasty shit! "Summoned to Rise" is a vicious, savage beast, which strikes with no mercy from the very first riff and do not waste a second of these 37 minutes. It's heavy, very aggressive, it's also quite fast - I just love all these blasting parts of "Summoned to Rise", where Create a Kill shows their passion for death metal as well. In the end, this album sounds like a killer combination of Exodus, Slayer, Demolition Hammer, Destruction, Kreator, Solstice and Malevolent Creation (and few more bands) and is about to kill you! Great songwriting, many fantastic riffs, super awesome blasts, perfect performance and production... This is thrash metal I like to listen to. And more so, I'm very impressed with Alex Marquez's vocals! Yes, he does not play drums here! He's the singer for Create a Kill and surely he is just as good "screamer" as drummer. What a surprise! 
To conclude then... This is seriously solid thrash metal album. Such songs as "Reap the Whirlwind", "Show of Force", "Praise the Beast" or "Cold Blooded", to name just few, are simply crushing and it’s been a great fun to listen to it. Yeah, this shit was created to kill!  
Standout tracks:  "Reap the Whirlwind", "Show of Force", "Praise the Beast", "Cold Blooded" 
Verdict: 75/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment