Thursday 22 December 2022

Minenfeld / Repulsive Feast - Scourging the Sick

MINENFELD / REPULSIVE FEAST - Scourging the Sick (LYCANTHROPIC CHANTS - 7"EP 2022)

Expect a solid of dose of 7” vinyl reviews soon, as recently I obtained quite a lot of new music released in that godly format. First one I would like to give a short description about is this killer collaboration of two German death metal kommandosMinenfeld and Repulsive Feast – under the name “Scourging the Sick”. They may not be the most known bands out there, but I can assure you that they keep delivering some solid and worthy pieces of old school death metal for some time now. And it ain’t different with this split. 

Side A is occupied by Minenfeld, who I feel I have underrated slightly, having “The Great Adventure” and “Night Raid” only in my collection, so there are four more releases I still need to grab. On this split they provided a song titled “Scourge of War”, which is very simple, straight forward and heavy piece of death metal chunk. Riffage easily brings bands like Obituary, Asphyx and at some point Unleashed to my mind, and that should say everything to you. Minenfeld rolls over relentlessly like fuckin tank, with that slow to mid paced death metal and it seems they have only one thing in mind – to crush. And they do. Sure, I probably have heard better songs from Minenfeld before, but I like “Scourge of War” anyway, this is just pure, slightly doomy, death metal. It's enough for me.  

This is a third seven inch with Repulsive Feast logo on it – I like the way they deliver their music. If I was them, I would keep doing seven inches only!!! Fuck albums haha! Anyway, in case you don’t know, Repulsive Feast is a project of Steffen from Cryptic Brood among others. They keep bringing this filthy and obscure, almost primitive grinding death metal, which just stinks with corpse and faeces! Songs are short, simplistic, and yes, they do have lots of Autopsy, early Carcass and Pungent Stench (to name few) influences. It's rather a compliment to compare Repulsive Feast to these classic bands and I find a lot of pleasure from their primitive music. Some may moan on the harsh production and a bit sloppy sometimes playing, other will speak of the disgusting and repulsive (heh) music... well, I suppose it isn’t death metal for everyone. Personally, I like that style and I think that Repulsive Feast is damn good. I’m waiting for more seven inches from them! 

Verdict: 80/100

No comments:

Post a Comment