Sunday 24 July 2022

Barbaric Horde - Barbaric Hammer Fist

BARBARIC HORDE - Barbaric Hammer Fist (GODZ OV WAR - CD 2022)

Two years after "Axe of Superior Savagery" poisoned the earth, I am listening to "Barbaric Hammer Fist". And you know what? I wonder if there's anything I could add other than I have already written in the review of the previous album. I honestly don't think so, which will make this review terribly short. It may not even be a review, more like a short opinion. 

But for fuck sake, Barbaric Horde hasn't changed at all, they continue walking the path of the most raw and bestial war black metal, which I have already compared to the likes of Nightwish and Within Tempt.... Tfffu, I meant Blasphemy, Revenge, Proclamation, Bestial Raids, Black Witchery, Diocletian!!! You can imagine the sheer brutality and intensity of this music, its malicious and possessed aura. And the barbarity that comes from every sound. These guys don't waste time for intros or shit like that. From the very first second, you'll be hit with the wall of chaotic total black metal terror (as one of the song titles say). And that should be enough for you to imagine what is this band and this album like. Is it anything worthy? Damn yes, I think so. While not every band from that genre is able to convince me, Barbaric Horde easily captures my attention and everything ends in bloodshed. It isn't a nice music; it isn't something that you will play for entertainment. Yeah, but you should let this hatred and violence hit you hard. One of those “play it loud” bands. 

Verdict: 75/100  

No comments:

Post a Comment