Thursday 8 October 2020

Morbo - Addiction to Musickal Dissection

MORBO - Addiction to Musickal Dissection (MEMENTO MORI - CD 2014)

It's hard to say whether Morbo still exists or not, because "Addiction to Musickal Dissection" was released back in 2014 and apart from the 2016 split with Bunker 66, there's been a silence around this band ever since (that includes their Facebook profile). Damn, it would be a shame if Morbo split up, because "Addiction..." is absolutely fantastic. It is also quite underrated, in my humble opinion, I couldn't remember many people talking about this album and giving it the support, which it deserves to get. Well, at least I can say that I really love what these Italians did here and for me this is one of the best Autopsy tributes (eh, I know it sounds lame to call like that... but what can I do? haha) I've ever heard. 

Obviously this lame tag about Autopsy is not something what a lot of you will find as interesting. There will always be moaning bitches crying that they prefer to listen to the originals than some copies. Sure, it is their right to say so. But in my opinion, there's exists only good music and shit music. And Morbo with "Addiction to Musickal Dissection" easily fits the first of these two. They came up with just excellent death gore metal, which has that lovely Autopsy vibe, audible in many riffs, rhythms, but also in vocals (which are like a bastard child of threesome between Petrov, Reifert and Ingram - and they are fuckin awesome!!!). Morbo has a lot of these doomy parts, which sound heavy and obscure and obviously they also have that horrid, gory atmosphere, which is so mandatory for this style of death metal. Morbo also brings some melodic pieces here and there, a bit of groove, but can also crush with some faster riffs. Generally, all these songs have something great what caught my ears and stack in my head for good. Riffage is awesome, I really enjoyed the album, the vibe it has, its fierceness and carnage it creates. I can only remind you to get it and support Morbo in every possible way. 

Standout tracks:Decomposmopolitan”, “Dawn of the Dying Living”, “Rending the Ephemeral Veil” 

Verdict: 80/100  

No comments:

Post a Comment