Friday 18 September 2020

Vengeance Sorcery - In Oath to Torment, Unrelenting...

VENGEANCE SORCERY - In Oath to Torment, Unrelenting... (FALLEN TEMPLE - CD 2020)

This time Fallen Temple decided to torture my soul with a compilation CD from the band called Vengeance Sorcery, whose four demos have been featured here. Four demos, so it’s quite a lot of music, I am afraid. This is my first encounter with this project, but judging by the content of this CD, I don't hope for more. It is just so terribly boring, sooo forgettable and miserable that I don't really wish to hear "In Oath to Torment, Unrelenting..." any more than I already did. You'll find here utterly primitive, simplistic, harsh and slow black metal filled with the dark and obscure atmosphere alike to some Finnish acts (no wonder they did three Barathrum covers here) for instance. But I am sorry to say but Vengeance Sorcery has very little to offer me, their music has hardly anything interesting or worthy at all, and it is just filled with a bunch of same sounding, similarly dull and irritating songs, with constantly the same tempo, riffage style and everything else. After listening to it, I am even too tired and lazy to describe it more deeply. There are just better bands around to care for. 

I'm trying to think if there's anything what would make me come back to this album soon. And it is just hardly possible. Sure, the atmosphere is bleak and obscure, occasionally Vengeance Sorcery comes with a bit different stuff like in "Shade of Darkness Casting...", and sure there are some cool riffs here and there. But as whole, "In Oath to Torment, Unrelenting..." is forgettable and not even mediocre, in my opinion. It shall be covered in dust and time soon. 

Verdict:40/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment