Tuesday 23 March 2021

Bestial Warfare - Desecrating Goat Assault

BESTIAL WARFARE - Desecrating Goat Assault (GODZ OV WAR - CD 2021)

There couldn't be a better word to describe music, which I'm hearing now than bestial. This is just perfectly fitting word for the merciless onslaught titled "Desecrating Goat Assault" by the band called Bestial Warfare. When I've first listened to this CD, I thought that this may be an Australian or New Zealand band, because it so reminded me such kommandos as Heresiarch, Witchrist, Diocletian or Temple Nightside... But no, Bestial Warfare are German - well, Germany also has some killer bands in this bestial death / black metal style, like I I for instance.  

Anyways, this was just first impression, which I had. What matters more is that Bestial Warfare really came up with brilliant album. I simply love that fierceness and violent character of this music, how merciless and brutal it all sounds, without even tempting us with more melodic or quieter fragment. This is pure sonic blasphemous assault, total savagery and mayhem, where riffs are like a rapid bombardment that will only leave ash and death. Riffs and song structures are rather simple, in the tradition of Blasphemy and Revenge. But while so many bands from this style rather bore me and are forgettable, Bestial Warfare did impress. I like how "Desecrating Goat Assault" sounds, the production is simply perfect, I like so many of these riffs as well as these insane screams and growls Blashphemer Evocator Incinerator Mass and Decius Christgrinding Hammerfist. There's nothing groundbreaking or unimaginable here, nothing what would rip all your guts out, but the quality is great, so I did enjoy "Desecrating Goat Assault" from start to finish. I want more.  

Verdict: 80/100

No comments:

Post a Comment