Thursday 4 March 2021

Fadheit - Inhaling the Trauma

FADHEIT - Inhaling the Trauma (PUTRID CULT - CD 2020)

Honestly, all that so called depressive black metal is one of the least preferable musical styles for me, as it's so often too boring and miserable to stand it. Obviously, there are always some exceptions from the rule, and Fadheit with their debut album "Inhaling the Trauma" can definitely be such. At least I can say that this album managed to interest me enough to give it few spins and caught attention more than just once with some solid black metal sounds. 

"Inhaling the Trauma" music is obviously quite slow paced, just like it mostly is with DSBM. Riffs are often melancholic, atmospheric, there's plenty of melody and even peaceful notes, so not necessarily this style has to be only pitiful. If I was going to compare Fodheit to someone else, then there's quite nice range, as it can be Shining and Forgotten Woods ("Nikt juź nie przyjdzie"), early Furia ("Na twoją twarz pluję" and some more... vocals often do remind me Nihil's vocal style too)... And I can definitely say that Fadheit did good job. I like that there's more variety to these songs, it's not the same type of monotonous, melancholic playing all the way through and even if the emotions are generally focused around nostalgic or sorrowful, the musical means, which were used are different between all songs (in "Euphoria of Self Destruction" they even speed up, for more angry and aggressive note of classic black metal). More so, the music is quite catchy and memorable, like in the mentioned earlier "Na twoją twarz pluję" and it needs to be mentioned also that the production is surprisingly clean, while it remains that harsh, vicious black metal feel. Cool. 

And just to let you know... If DSBM with its negative and pessimistic concept should immediately create that feeling in the listener, then Fadheit didn't succeed. I live, I didn't cut my wrists nor even had a fucked up humour. I am good, my humour is fine... but this is a solid album, so why it should be any different? 

Verdict: 70/100



No comments:

Post a Comment