Friday 17 September 2021

Hegemoon / Wartödd - W majestacie bluźnierstwa

HEGEMOON / WARTODD - majestacie bluźnierstwa (FALLEN TEMPLE - CD 2021)

After a longer break from reviews, time came for few words about the Hegemoon / Wartödd split CD titled "W majestacie bluźnierstwa", which has just been released by Fallen Temple. We have there two Polish black metal bands, whose music styles are quite similar... which is that harsh, obscure, necro stuff, with a bit of monumental feel too. So, it's not just boring and useless primitive guitar shred, but some great riffs with even more melodic parts can be found for sure. Especially Hegemoon was able to catch my interest, with tracks like "Zgnij na krzyżu kłamstw", where they really did a good job, also with the production, which has that proper balance between raw and ugly sound and its clearness. They surely have a better quality in their music, but Wartödd is not bad at all too. Even harsher when speaking of the production, their music really reminds me some of the 90's Polish black metal demos or albums - which may have exactly been their intention.  

Anyway, I really do like the effort from both bands, I enjoyed this CD quite much, even if I don't listen to such music often anymore. But maybe this is why "W majestacie bluźnierstwa" interested me more than I expected. It is just rare to grab something in this vein, what would be that good, I think. By the way, it's been more that 15 years now, since I have listened to Hegemoon for the last time. Back in the early to mid 00's I had their Hegemoon / Runes of Dianceht split and "Tron zła" CDs in the reviews section of my old fanzine. I would never believe to hear this band ever again. But here they are, still alive and well. 

Verdict: 70/100

No comments:

Post a Comment