Wednesday 22 April 2020

Exhalation - Whorecaust

EXHALATION - Whorecaust (REDRUM666 - CD 2010)
Damn, it's so hard to believe that it's already been ten years since "Whorecaust" was unleashed. I still remember getting this album and how it broke a lot of my bones with its absolutely vicious and nasty thrashing death metal! It definitely was one of the best releases from the now defunct Polish label Redrum 666. Anyway, since I had a chance to remind myself this album lately, I also decided to write few words about it, even though I have no idea whether Exhalation is still active or not.
Definitely "Whorecaust" is worth of your attention and what you will get here is half an hour of absolutely relentless and vicious death metal, which has so many thrash and even black metal influences that it just doesn't sound like a usual death metal music. With a bit simplistic (that old school like) riffage, which can remind you bands like Witchmaster, Stillborn, Throneum, with its totally straight forward and merciless attitude, with its brute, pissed off character, "Whorecaust" is a total blast and kick in the face. Every sound here is razor sharp, the music has almost infernal power that can crush walls - if only you will play this album loud. And loud it needs to be played, otherwise you're a pussy. I have to say that I love their riffs - whether they sound more like Sodom, Venom or more like fuckin D666, they are all awesome. I also really like Hellscreamaross vocals, I like the sound of his screams and growls, which sound a bit alike to Bastis', but are equally great. And also, I really, really like the production on this album, it’s perfect for this sort of music, IMO.
There’s a lot of “likes” in this short review. But that’s how I feel. "Whorecaust" is so fast that it blows up the speakers, while some blasphemous intros can give you a smile, for there's nothing better than a blasphemous death metal right in your face. "Evil Dead" cover sounds also great, in my opinion. Yeah… good stuff totally.
Standout tracks: “Act of Terror”, “Exhalation”, “What It Is to Come...”
Verdict: 80/100

No comments:

Post a Comment