Monday 11 July 2022

Warfist - Teufels


WARFIST - Teufels (GODZ OV WAR - CD 2022)

Three years since "Grünberger" was released, "Teufels" is in my hands and again I am happy to listen to Warfist's raw thrash metal. Yeah, they’re one of those bands, which always puts smile on my face, because their music is just traditional metal, without lousy attempts to be innovative, sophisticated or whatever. And often I love to listen to such straight forward, reckless and ferocious metal, old school to the bone and with the FOAD attitude. 

The best thing about Warfist music is that with each next album it sounds more and more like a classic and 80's raw thrash. For me it's a pure Venom and Sodom worship. And Destroyer666 and Aura Noir from slightly newer bands. These names pop up in my mind every time I listen to Warfist and with "Teufels" this band doesn't walk away from the path they chosen years ago. I am glad that they stick to the formula they’re good at and only try to make their music sound better and better. And honestly, they really succeeded with "Teufels", because it may be my favourite album from Warfist so far. You know, “Metal to the Bone” was killer, "Grünberger" was good too, but maybe not as good as “Metal...”. And now "Teufels" brings ten insanely catchy thrash metal songs – and I am all fully content.  

Everything here sounds just as it should and Warfist ticks all the right boxes. Killer riffs, so full of energy and savagery, the production is fantastic, I love Michu’s vocals too... Then, there’s the evil, satanic aura and aggression!!! Warfist doesn’t waste time for useless bullshit, gets to the business right from the first minute and even the ending cover of famous “Fire” has its rightful place. And I like that straight forward and fierce character of this music, especially when it comes with choruses, which you could scream along while shaving or emptying another beer hah!!!! And even some full speed blasts that appear here and there. One more thing is worth noticing - I can write also that Warfist takes more and more influences from speed and heavy metal, it becomes quite important factor for their music. In the beginning, people used to call them a black / thrash metal band. Not anymore, in my opinion! It's pure metal, thrash with heavy and speed influence, old school to the bone. And I like how it sounds a lot. Especially that no longer Warfist feels like amateurish band too, it's all so damn recorded and performed. 

Standout tracks: “Rise of the Incubus”, “Angel Maker”, “Behind the Walls of Keough” 

Verdict: 85/100  

No comments:

Post a Comment