Monday 26 July 2021

Erupted Evil - Teufel

ERUPTED EVIL - Teufel (FALLEN TEMPLE - CD 2021)

Erupted Evil's debut album "Ghoul" was excellent. I was listening to it again few weeks ago, and I remember wondering if this band will come up with anyone new anytime soon. And they just did, here is an EP titled "Teufel"! Well, this EP has barely 15 minutes of music, which is very little, sadly. Surely not enough to satisfy my hunger for their music. On the other hand, it is better than nothing, right? 

So, what we get with "Teufel" are three new songs and a Mortician cover. As for the cover, it is great. I may not be big Mortician follower, I don't even have anything they recorded in my collection, but this song sounds cool. As for their Erupted Evil’s own songs, they are good too. I don't think they are as good as some of the stuff from "Ghoul", to be honest with you, but the quality is here for sure. Just expect to hear harsh and very obscure, filthy combination of doom, death and ancient black metal, sounding almost primeval and primitive. Yeah, this stuff is old school to the bone, but at the same time it is not something, what you could easily pick up and compare to one or two obvious bands. Erupted Evil seems to be doing a lot to achieve more individual style and that's interesting for sure. Take "Skin to Skin", great song filled with heavy, crushing riffs and a disturbing, eerie tone of piano hidden behind them... All coming with these ghastly, vicious growls of Sobiech. What a nice job. "Cursed (Dead) Life" is another my favourite here. Damn, it sounds like a combination of Hellhammer, Incantation with a bit of early Samael ha. Kidding or not, Erupted Evil really does good job and every time I listen to their music, I just feel happy that there are bands, which can take some fresh from the old rotten corpses of extreme metal music. Highly recommended. 

And I love the artwork too.

Verdict: 75/100


No comments:

Post a Comment