Wednesday 19 December 2018

Ferosity - Revelation of Insanity

FEROSITY - Revelation of Insanity (Self financed CD 2018)
"Revelation of Insanity" is Ferosity's fourth album already and I have to say that this band belongs to my favourite Polish death metal legions. I watch their "career" ever since the first album "Overthrown Divinity" (2006) was unleashed and they never disappointed, never failed to deliver great quality brutal death metal. "Revelation of Insanity" is no different, it's also killer dose of savagery and I can assure that fans of this music should enjoy this CD as well. 
So, we have here nine songs, all closed in 33 minutes of music, which is a perfect duration, in my opinion. It's enough to break some necks, but not too long, so it's not gonna bore you. First thing, which I have personally noticed is the powerful, top notch production of "Revelation of Insanity". It's really damn good and fits this sort of death metal perfectly, underlining its aggression, heaviness and mighty style. This way every riff sounds like a massive punch! Technically the album is also spot on. Very good performance from all band members... and these riffs! Yes, Ferosity really plays some fantastic riffs here, very much in the vein of US death metal legends such as Malevolent Creation, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide and so on. There's fantastic feeling, groove and ferociousness in them, they're brutal, but kind of memorable as well, so there's no problem at all to get into the music. And if there's anything I don't like so much, then I would say that I've never been fan of such screaming vocals in death metal - or duels between savage, deep growl and scream. Also, some short parts with clean vocals are not that good. I can live with all of them, no problem, but I just don't like them as much. 
Anyway, Ferosity released a very good album and I have to recommend "Revelation of Insanity" immediately. It's shame that such a good album didn't manage to get a label support, so it's a self-financed release, but on the other hand, Ferosity never had much luck with solid label's work, it seems, so maybe in the end it's not such a loss. 
Verdict: 75/100

No comments:

Post a Comment