Monday 14 March 2022

SOTDS - Oto jest pustka

SOTDS - Oto jest pustka (GODZ OV WAR - CD 2021)

Another album from the freezer, another one from Godz ov War catalogue. To be honest, I think that some of the last releases from that label were not quite as good and Greg used to release much better bands and albums, in my opinion. Well, you cannot like everything, obviously. As for the mysterious Sotds you can easily guess that again it's not an album, which would impress me much. They can challenge Cień in the competition "who will put me to sleep sooner" and I just don't give a shit if my opinion will be unpopular or not. Why would I, anyway? 

I'm not even in mood for a lengthy description of the content of Sotds' debut album titled "Oto jest pustka", as everything about that effort is just meaningless and forgettable for me. But let's just say that this band is nothing more or less, but melancholic black metal. Their music can sound quite harsh on one hand, but that raw and maybe quite vicious side is balanced with a lot of melodies and that atmospheric side of this particular black metal style. Yes, slightly depressive, sorrowful and cold would be the most appropriate adjectives to describe "Oto jest pustka"… 

...but there lies the whole problem - I am not a fan of it. It is not that Sotds (or Sounds of the Dying Summer) sounds terrible, because I suppose that they are quite decent and solid band. This album is OK (although vocals are just lame) and I am sure that some listeners will enjoy it. But I didn’t, it bored me quickly and it’s just not what I seek for in black metal particularly. I just don’t care for that stuff; it may not exist to me and there would be no sense of loss.  

Ohh, and those make ups... are they serious or they just don’t know they look stupid?  

Verdict: 60/100

No comments:

Post a Comment