Tuesday 10 August 2021

Faeces - Nihilominus

FAECES - Nihilominus (DEFENSE / MYTHRONE Promotion - CD 2021)

There are days, when I really need more brutal musical kick, straight in the face and with no bullshit. Something what would even wake the dead up. Faeces' "Nihilominus" is a kind of album, which can deliver that, bursting out with great, brutal energy and fierceness. Cool. But I am surprised that I never had a chance to hear a Polish band with twenty years of existence and four albums behind. That's very unlike me, really. On the other hand, I do skip many brutal death or death / grind bands, because it's not necessarily my favourite style of music. With "Nihilominus" there are no worries, because I do like what Faeces did on this album a lot. 

Brutal death metal, quite technical here and there, with many blasting parts, but properly balanced with slower, more crushing stuff. This is a brief description of "Nihilominus". That style of music isn't maybe much surprising, but the quality is here, I can assure you that. Riffs are great and properly neckbreaking, I like vocals a lot too... And the production is sweet, powerful and punching. What really makes me like "Nihilominus" more than a lot of similar bands is that mentioned diversity and the fact that Faeces easily incorporates some more harmonious parts into that wall of brutal noise. There's groove too! That sounds really refreshing, in my opinion, almost like someone combined Suffocation or Cannibal Corpse with Death, to make a cheesy comparison. Anyway, this album kicks ass. And it is short, so there’s not even a slight chance to get bored. Good stuff. 

Verdict: 77/100

No comments:

Post a Comment