Sunday 8 March 2020

Pistilos Opium - Híbrido

PISTILOS OPIUM - Híbrido (FALLEN TEMPLE - CD 2020)
Pistilos Opium is another band of Ignominia members, whose "Ars Moriendi" CD I had a chance to review some weeks ago. Now it's time for "Híbrido" EP and honestly, I like what these guys do as Pistilos Opium more than as Ignominia. This is also a death metal band, but with a strong old school style, combined a bit with doomy parts, which is exactly a kind of staff I like to hear. It may be nothing revolutionary, nor the highest quality... but it is very solid, very enjoyable and just good enough to please my death metal taste. 
All these four tracks are solid, I think, Pistilos Opium music has a great, obscure feel, it sounds evil and sinister and is brutal and vicious. Everything here sounds just right (I like the production a lot), and even more, because it has that South American smell of hell and blasphemy, which I like so much, especially from Chilean bands. You could almost blindly guess where is Pistilos Opium from, so characteristic is that sound, but it's good to hear. Always. Accent of the vocalist and the Spanish lyrics also leave no doubts for their origins. "Distancia" is my favourite song, but the whole EP is good, so I am sincerely positive for I didn't expect Pistilos Opium to be as good. Very nice surprise. 
Verdict: 70/100  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the review. It really matters to us. Excellent blog!!!

    ReplyDelete