Friday 27 March 2020

Impure Declaration - Mind Upheaval, Unclear Signs

IMPURE DECLARATION - Mind Upheaval, Unclear Signs (OLD TEMPLE - CD 2019)
After "No Paths, No Guide" I was looking forward to hear more from Impure Declaration and finally time came for their second EP "Mind Upheaval, Unclear Signs". Why EP only, not a full length, I don't know, but I hope that an album will be unleashed in the nearest months also. Now I can listen to these four new tracks and well, I can definitely say that Impure Declaration didn't disappoint and again delivered a killer dose of death / black metal bestiality. Even better than previously! 
Just like on "No Paths...", here you will also hear a savage and vicious music, which could easily fit bands such as Grave Miasma, Grave Upheaval, Witchrist, Temple Desecration, MefiticIrkallian Oracle, Embrace of Thorns, Temple Below - just to name few among the best bands from this genre. All these bands have a lot in common, but each is special and truly excellent in their devil's work. I am happy to say that so is Impure Declaration. This band is absolutely fantastic, I love the blasphemous, sepulchral atmosphere of their music, their riffage, massive, very heavy wall of sound that crushes you into bloody pieces, especially with the slower parts... Great, ghastly vocals that command the evil... And powerful production, which is a bit like a raw live recording, but really fits this sort of death / black metal perfectly. Impure Declaration sounds great in slower, very doomy parts, especially in „Purgation Through Hallucinations”, which is a great song, but they do not have mercy also when they speed up into more chaotic and ravaging stuff. Either Way, the music is fuckin killer. I am impressed and can admit that this EP is one of those CDs, which I can play with a “repeat” button on. I demand a vinyl version. And highly recommend this CD. 
Standout track: „Purgation Through Hallucinations” 
Verdict: 85/100

No comments:

Post a Comment