Friday 13 March 2020

Dead Dog's Howl - Mausoleum of Confessed Thoughts

DEAD DOG'S HOWL - Mausoleum of Confessed Thoughts (FALLEN TEMPLE - CD 2020)
Another Fallen Temple release is "Mausoleum of Confessed Thoughts" by American band Dead Dog's Howl. It's their first release, originally putted out by Nuclear War Now! Productions on cassette and now we have the CD. Honestly, I didn't have a clue what music could that be or if that's gonna be anything I will like. 
And to answer the first question, it is black metal. And the second, no, I don't like it. I'm afraid that Dead Dog's Howl music is terribly boring and forgettable and it's just as weak as majority of the ultimate primitive and noisy black metal bands can be. Really, "Mausoleum of Confessed Thoughts" sounds like these guys had no idea how to play, their "music" is terrible when speaking of the production, compositions, arrangements, riffs or anything else. It's the most lo-fi stuff you could imagine, the quality is very, very low, everything sounds messy, cacophonic and completely shite, to me. I don't even know why Dead Dog's Howl managed to get interest from some label, more so, I have no idea how could anyone actually like this stuff. Maybe I'm not true enough. Oh, who cares. I'm not going to waste my time on this album any minute longer. Piece of garbage it is, although very nice digipak presentation from Fallen Temple. 
Oh, interesting note I found about this album; that it “resurrects the pure spirit and form of the all-but-forgotten rites of ancient black metal”... Yeah, kiss my ass. Sure, you could compare it to some early 90’s demos, from some Greek bands for instance, but it doesn’t have even 10% of the magic of the old bands. 
Verdict: 20/100  

No comments:

Post a Comment