Tuesday 7 November 2023

Sturmtiger - Transcendent Warfare

STURMTIGER - Transcendent Warfare (DEMENTED OMEN OF MASOCHISM - CD 2023)

Nearly ten years ago I had a pleasure to listen to “World at War 1914-1918" from Sturmtiger. I remember it being a pretty good album, although I didn't go back to it very often (no special reason behind it, other than maybe too much music around to go through). Additionally, I have the impression that few people noticed Stormtiger at all, but this may be normal for this type of underground bands, I think. Surprisingly, Victor from Sturmtiger recently contacted me with the intention of sending their second album, which I gladly agreed to, especially after I quickly listened to this material on YouTube. This new CD called "Transcendent Warfare" has been spinning in my player several times now and I must definitely say that it is a very strong, solid album. It brings that devastating death and black metal, which in my opinion stands very close to the extreme metal barbarity from Australia, and which is something I can be only happy about. Sturmtiger brings a great quality for sure, the intensity and aggression of their music brilliantly erupts with freezing energy, with which this fast, sometimes almost thrashing riffage works perfectly. You won’t find anything particularly pleasant – in the meaning of memorable or melodic – in this music, it’s straight forward and savage from the start to its finishing seconds, what I assume corresponds great with the whole war concept. But as I mentioned, there’s great quality in this album. The riffage is awesome, I like the vocals a lot, and the production is very good too. For me it’s also important that "Transcendent Warfare" is around 30 minutes long only. For some of the listeners it may be too short, but personally I like it this way. It's a quick, devastating riff-cannonade and not a single second has been wasted there. I don’t expect much else from this sort of music, which is exactly why "Transcendent Warfare" is up my street so much. Recommended! 

Verdict: 75/100

No comments:

Post a Comment