Thursday 25 May 2023

Necropolissebeht - TTCCCLXXX

NECROPOLISSEBETH - TTCCCLXXX (VAULT OF DRIED BONES - CD 2022)

This morning I realized that I had piled this CD under the stack of other CDs and completely forgot about it. It’s been buried there for few months at least, so once I realized it, I quickly took the plastic wrap off and gave a listen to that album. The band has an easily memorable name Necropolissebeht and this EP has an equally catchy title “TTCCCLXXX”. This three-piece kommando hails from Canada and if I say that it’s been formed by the members of bands like Nuclearhammer, as well as Ryan Förster (who’s been also in some VERY important bands - and that do not include Brian Adams band) - it will tell you much about the music of Necropolissebeht. Yeah, it belongs to the Ross Bay Cult bestial black death metal scene. And as such, I honestly have to say “TTCCCLXXX” doesn’t bring anything extraordinary. This music is all about sounding chaotic, savage, ferocious, fast and raw – and Necropolissebeht delivers that easily and with quality. Some will worship it; others will not care for most such bands sound the same and hardly any is real killer. As for Necropolissebeht, I think they are solid band, but that’s just all. I can’t tell that “TTCCCLXXX” even needs a deeper description, I am sure that if you’re into that scene then they will be up your street. And who cares if you can hardly tell what the riffs are like or what is even going on behind that wall of sonic assault. Personally, I mostly enjoy such bands for the sheer violence, bestiality and atmosphere of the chaos they create. But I doubt Necropolissebeht will be a frequent guest in my CD player. 

Verdict: 70/100

No comments:

Post a Comment