Wednesday 22 January 2020

Celestial Sanctuary - Mass Extinction

CELESTIAL SANCTUARY - Mass Extinction (BRUTAL CAVE Productions - CD 2019)
Recently I was recommended to check this new British band, whose first demo was released a while ago. And so I did; two songs on bandcamp were enough to impress me a lot. I immediately ordered a physical copy of this demo, because I wanted to have a CD in my collection, rather than a digital file. Soon later CD arrived and here I am, writing few words about Celestial Sanctuary and their "Mass Extinction" demo.
Well, there are two songs only, so I won't be writing a book-long article, but few words will be enough I think to describe the content and my impression. First off, the band is named after one of Bolt Thrower's songs. And they are also British. That should be enough for you to understand what type of music we deal with here. Obviously Bolt Thrower is not the only influence for Celestial Sanctuary, at least that's what I hear... You could also add Asphyx, Grave, etc. It's just that heavy, but brutal and vicious death metal, with a bone crushing, dismembering massive sound. Celestial Sanctuary doesn't reinvent anything, they basically follow the old classic rules, but they are good at it, I think. I like their sound, I like the riffage, vocals... Basically everything on these two songs sounds just right. I know it's basically repeating what other bands did before, but I still am able to find sadistic pleasure in listening to such music and even such new bands like Celestial Sanctuary give me that thrill. Maybe it's because of the passion, which comes from their music? Or the powerful kick? Whatever, I liked it a lot and I am definitely looking forward to hear more from Celestial Sanctuary.
Verdict: 80/100

No comments:

Post a Comment