Monday 30 December 2019

Azarath - Diabolic Impious Evil

AZARATH - Diabolic Impious Evil (PAGAN Records CD 2006)
For me Azarath is a synonymous with fury and savagery. Their death metal belongs to the most intense, uncompromising, blasphemous and bestial and I think that only very, very few bands are equal to them in that aspect. And even less are as good as Azarath. Every album in their discography is a fuckin beast and I worship them all, but of corpse I have my favourites. And "Diabolic Impious Evil" is probably the one album, which I like the most, although it’s a tough call if compared to such “Demon Seed”, “Praise the Beast” or other records. Azarath is a band, which never disappoints and the quality is always top notch. So, let’s leave the contest for the best album and enjoy this ferocious beast, which "Diabolic Impious Evil" is. 
Basically "Diabolic Impious Evil" is nothing new, when compared to Azarath’s two previous albums. They still bring the death metal crusade with the name of Satan and use the same weapons. It is a furious, insanely vicious and bloodthirsty infernal blasting death metal. But the riffage is better and better, so are the ideas, arrangements... I feel like everything is more interesting and capturing, but without compromising or losing the madness and chaos, which characterized Azarath from the very beginning. Take the first song on this album for instance, "Whip the Whore", with its neckbreaking speed, but kind of memorable music. Great riffs, Bruno's vocals are even more beastly and the production is just perfect for my taste in this kind of death metal. It's powerful as hell, nasty and aggressive - so, it absolutely works amazingly when played loud. 
If you like fast, blasting death metal, "Diabolic Impious Evil" will not disappoint you. If you like throat cutting, sharp riffs, insane brutality and satanic madness, this album is also perfect. There's a little bit of slower or mid paced patterns, I actually would like to hear few more of such killer riffs, which even have an Immolation mark on them. They sound killer, in my opinion, especially when they’re closer to "Dawn of Possession" than “Majesty and Decay”. With "Anti-Human, Anti-God" it’s a peak of my excitement and pure sadistic pleasure.  
So, do you I need to add anything else? If you're not convinced yet, you'll never be, no matter how many more words I will write here. For me this is a masterpiece. Get yourself "Diabolic Impious Evil" or "Praise the Beast", or "Blasphemers' Maledictions", or any other Azarath album. Get them all, because this band fuckin rules. 
Standout tracks: "Anti-Human, Anti-God", “Whip the Whore” 
Verdict: 85/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment