Sunday 7 July 2019

Crippling Madness - Ponad zwłokami

CRIPPLING MADNESS - Ponad zwłokami (PUTRID CULT - CD 2019)
I'm not a fan of Polish thrash metal and honestly, I care nothing for most of the bands from that genre of metal music. Occasionally though something interesting comes out of it... like this album from Crippling Madness "Ponad zwłokami", which actually managed to interest me a bit. I didn't expect that, since their previous CD "Bestialski rzeźnik" was only a predictable, boring and forgettable chunk of thrash metal. But this album is much better, I think. 
Of course Crippling Madness doesn't reinvent the wheel, nor they have the best thrashing riffs of the decade. Their music is solid and enjoyable, but mediocre at best. Somehow though it didn't hurt me to play this album several times during this morning and bang my skull to some excellent riffs. Yeah, Crippling Madness are thrashing like crazy in rather European thrash metal style of Sodom or Kreator (what an obvious comparison, I know), with simplistic means, harsh, aggressive attitude and nice, kicking sound, which I also like. Their thrash metal is not a pussy thrash metal, with wimpy vocals and boring guitar masturbation. Which is probably why I liked "Ponad zwłokami" at least a bit. I don't even mind Polish lyrics so much, although I do would prefer English texts. Generally, Crippling Madness does everything to get you a nice background music for your beer bath and corpse desecration. If you like to spend your time with that entertainment, then get this CD and play it loud, so your neighbours will not hear your puke or victim's screams. 
Verdict: 70/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment