Tuesday 12 October 2021

Goat Tyrant - Towards the Threshold of Death

GOAT TYRANT - Towards the Threshold of Death (FALLEN TEMPLE - CD 2021)

"Into The Greater Chasm" by Goat Tyrant, which was released in August 2020, didn't make big impression on me. It bored rather than convinced me with its raw old school death / thrash metal. But there's no mercy for the wicked and "Towards the Threshold of Death" comes. This time it is an EP and for a reason I don't know, it speaks to me much more than the mentioned album.  

Not much, if anything, has changed from "Into the Greater Chasm", the music still sounds very harsh and you could say that it's primitive and slightly thrashing death metal, like some of the old demos from the late 80's and early 90's. It is music, which has its charm, of corpse, but it can also sound insanely archaic and thus dull. "Towards the Threshold of Death" is OK. I could still moan a bit on some aspects of the music, like these tired vocals and generally a bit powerless sound... But I also feel like there are some damn cool riffs here, the music is savage and aggressive and even the fact that songs are near five minutes long is something noteworthy. Style wise, Goat Tyrant reminds me Throneum the most, so here's your best reference point I could think of. All in all, a solid and pretty good EP, I can easily recommend this one to you all. 

Verdict: 70/100

No comments:

Post a Comment