Wednesday 26 April 2023

Hexorcist / Putrid - Profane Coronation

HEXORCIST / PUTRID - Profane Coronation (GODZ OV WAR - 7"split EP 2022)

Would you fancy to hear another killer split 7"EP? Godz ov War Productions comes with a helpful hand and delivers Hexorcist and Putrid on a "Profane Coronation" split. Well, it was one of those releases, which I preordered without hesitation. I know both bands from their full albums. Hexorcist's debut LP "Evil Reaping Death" was absolutely brilliant and knocked me out for good when I first heard it, so another recording from them was an instant "must have". The Floridian four-piece doesn't disappoint, obviously, “Demistifying the Unspeakable” is just as fierce and insanely savage as Hexorcist's earlier material. It brings again that "Altars of Madness" type of morbid metal of death to the table, with a hint from Sadistic Intent – well, you know what I mean. But Hexorcist doesn’t sound lame or useless. Their music is savage, it has enormous lethal power and I just love that harsh and dark, uncompromising sound it has. Crushing stuff. For their part of the 7” they included also Morbid Scream cover, who were an old thrash metal band from Texas, with a couple of obscure demos released in the late 80’s. Well, I’ve never heard of them (I think), but “Face of Death” by Hexorcist is a crusher.  

Putrid from Peru strikes with "March Over Ashes" and "The Wolf Manifesto" and from the very first second, their music unleashes a relentless and brutal force with intensity, which makes it sound like a fuckin bulldozer. It just destroys everything around. This stuff is an outburst of evil energy, fast, uncompromising, raw and bestial. It’s slightly in the vein of Angel Corpse and similar legions (Impiety and so on), if I had to make any comparisons… And they should take that as a compliment. I worship such stuff, so Putrid is up my street, too. Especially that the music is so damn great, with killer riffs, demonic vocals and just proper harsh, yet aggressive production. Yeahhh, those who know me may remember that I am fan of South American death metal, and that includes Putrid too. 

Verdict: 85/100

No comments:

Post a Comment