Wednesday 9 December 2020

Tenebre - Breath of Living Dead

TENEBRE - Breath of Living Dead (BRUTAL CAVE Productions CD 2020)

Here is Tenebre from Chile with their debut demo "Breath of Living Dead", released upon the mankind by Brutal Cave Productions. Well, not once I was writing about my adoration for some of these Chilean death metal bands and the strength of the underground scene in that country, so I am always happy to find out about new bands from there. Tenebre certainly deserves attention also, even if I am far from saying that this is the best demo ever. But it is a solid effort and as a debut, it surely gives hopes for the future. 

Stylistically Tenebre intensely looks into the Swedish death metal scene, as they even achieved that characteristic HM-2 fat guitar sound. Riff wise there are some Dismember-esque parts here and there, a bit of Unleashed or Grave also... Generally, the music is pretty savage and brutal, yet it keeps the groove to have that hooky, old school death metal vibe. I can definitely say that Tenebre came up with some cool songs, I like that kind of stuff, it always quickly gets into my head, doing some damage to my brain cells. Songs like "Lugus Cotrol" are absolutely enough to convince me. The production of the demo is also not bad at all... And if I had to complain about anything, then I would only say that I don't like vocals so much. Sometimes they remind me David Ingram, other time they are a bit like Kam Lee or van Drunen... But I just cannot say that I always like how they sound, especially since they are quite loud in the music. Well, there's always room for improvement, Tenebre has a lot of work to do, before they will attack with a full album. But I am looking forward to hear more from them for sure. Cool demo for sure here! 

Verdict: 70/100



No comments:

Post a Comment