Thursday 15 November 2018

Isolated - Descent on the Cross

ISOLATED - Descent on the Cross (Self released demo CDR 2001)
This album would actually be pretty damn good, if only the production was better. But damn, the sound is crap! Thin guitars, everything’s so damn artificial, with quite weak sounding vocals and not even a small hint of powerful punch, which would knock you out... Like death metal should! But the songs are solid and with better, more meaty and crushing production they would work very well. 
Isolated were Polish death metal band, but to be honest I don't remember much about their history. I would have to dig out some old fanzines. I think they were mainly active in the early 00's, when they recorded "Descent on the Cross" (2001) and "Demonss Conclave" EP (2005). But they both were little noticed, I'm afraid. I only had a chance to hear the 2001’s material. And as I already mentioned, "Descent on the Cross" songs are not bad, if you like Vader or Decapitated. Or Deicide and Cannibal Corpse, then this shit is for you. Some absolutely great riffs, many good ideas and arrangements... This is brutal stuff, but well balanced between faster and slower parts, so from that point of view I don't really have anything bad to say. But the production and a lot of vocals killed the effect. Such a thin guitar sound and drums. And the vocals also sometimes are ruined. 
Anyway, I had not listened to this band in ages. So, I’m surprised that my old promo CDR is still playable and I could check Isolated again after all those years. It must be quite rare recording nowadays. It's not something I could really recommend, but if you dig very underground and obscure death metal releases, then you may like to check this shit out. 
Verdict: 55/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment