Sunday 25 November 2018

Angstridden - Fuck Humanity with Pride

ANGSTRIDDEN - Fuck Humanity with Pride (CRYPTIA Productions CD 2008)
Back in 2007 I received a letter with debut demo CDR from new Greek band called Angstridden and I remember that I fucking loved “Mutilators of Conscious”, as this is what this demo was titled. But soon I lost the band from sight, until few years later when I saw “Fuck Humanity with Pride” CD for some a price of one beer. So, I did not hesitate a second, bought it and I have to say that I still like Angstridden music a lot. Which is why I decided to write few words about them, because they’re very little known, but the music is awesome. 
Yeah.... but what can a band called Angstridden play? Angstridden is the title of one of Satyricon’s songs from their “Volcano” LP. And yes, this is a close shot, because Angstridden sounds fuckin a lot like mid-era Satyricon, but in much harsher way. I would also add Gehenna’s “WW”, Disiplin and even a bit og mid-era Behemoth to that source of influences. Everything with nasty, raw sound and more uncompromising style of playing. Now you may have some idea how does “Fuck Humanity with Pride” sound like. And believe me, this EP is great. I like Angstridden’s riffs, ideas they had for their music and that they do not waste time, but mostly rip through with fast, blasting mutilating black metal. This is vicious stuff, but interestingly, a lot of these riffs are quite catchy without losing its aggression and savagery. Which is how “Anti-Life” or “WW” sound like also, right? Angstridden may not play the most impressive thing, their music is also far from being very original, but I do enjoy it a lot. I also like that cold, inhuman, nihilistic atmosphere of it, plus the diversity - from ultra-blasting “New World'z Terrorizm” to the eight minutes long monolith “Subsonic Society”. 
Good EP then. It contains all songs from “Mutilators of Conscious” demo, but in new versions, so I feel very glad to have both releases in my collection. Now I need to find a copy of “Secta Nova” split.  
PS. Hey, Panzerfaust zine is there in the thanks list, which is always awesome to find! 
Standout tracks:Tyrant Syndikate 
Verdict: 75/100

No comments:

Post a Comment