Monday 9 May 2022

Reputdeath - Dissecting Goryfication

REPUTDEATH - Dissecting Goryfication (Demo 2022)

Wow, this is a very good demo from a Malaysian death metal band Reputdeath. I thought first that it is a newly formed project, meanwhile I found on Metal Archives that they already had several demos recorded since 2012. “Dissecting Goryfication” is their newest effort, and as I mentioned, it is great. Nothing new, nothing unremarkable, but just awesome old school death metal shit. Stylistically Reputdeath combines Swedish death metal (take the production of this demo as well as numerous riffs or harmonies spread through all songs) with the Finnish style (oh, these guttural beastly vocals, which sound like a giant hideous creature somewhere in deep below) and the almighty Autopsy – which is always a nice combination of influences. Especially if you like your death metal to sound dark, but also insanely sick and disgusting. 

Yeah, so this is Reputdeath. Songwriting is just more than solid, I love that sort of riffs, especially those doomy parts and harmonies sound so bloody well. The music is infectious, it is memorable, it is also eerie and vicious... It all sticks in the head quickly and just cannot leave it. From my point of view, these songs have everything what I love about such death metal style, really. The production is very good too, which is a nice surprise for me, because many Asian bands have problems with getting a proper production for their demos. Reputdeath demo sounds just as it should. So... I could go on and on and write super positive words about “Dissecting Goryfication”. But I don’t think there’s any point. I think this is a fantastic demo and I want to have it on physical format (because now I have listened to it for several times from YouTube). Excellent. 

Verdict: 85/100  

No comments:

Post a Comment