Friday 29 January 2021

Gnida - R.A.K.

GNIDA - R.A.K. (DEFENSE Records / MYTHRONE - CD 2020)

What a nice, jolly band is here. They call themselves Gnida, which is a name I often call politicians from the ruling party with, along with other pretty names like kurwy or chuje. With such name, Gnida has to play a nice, melodic and truly pleasant music. Right? Of corpse they don't and I'm taking a piss here. Gnida - use google translator if you want to know what that Polish word means - is a band, which presents us their brutal death / grind metal. Not necessarily music, which I would often play, but in this case I can easily admit that I like what I hear. 

First off... This is third album from Gnida. Their previous CDs were called "S.Y.F." and "A.I.D.S.", so "R.A.K." sounds like a fitting title in this sick concept. There are 16 tracks on "R.A.K.", and with 23 minutes on the clock you can be sure that their music is fast, straight forward and no bullshit. Gnida doesn't waste time, but rips with their grinding death metal right from the first second. Or from 55th second, because obviously there has to be an intro first! Anyway, this music is short, brutal and fast, so it is sweet as fuck and very energetic. Luckily, "R.A.K." is far from being brutal and sick just for the sake of being mindlessly brutal and sick. Gnida actually do have some cool riffs, there's a nice diversity in the music, the production is very good, so it's not just fast and boring... And there's even a bit of groove and shit like that, so it truly sounds fine to my ears. Yes, I enjoyed it. With songs like “Drug Lord” Gnida should try their chance in the next Eurovision song contest. I am sure people would love it. 

Verdict: 70/100

No comments:

Post a Comment