Sunday 29 November 2020

Necrocarnation - Fragments of Dark Eternity

NECROCARNATION - Fragments of Dark Eternity (FALLEN TEMPLE - CD 2020)

Do you know that feeling, when you play vinyl and it turns out that you spin it at the 33RPM instead of 45RPM, so the music sounds more gruesome, way too slowed down, but for some reason quite cool anyway? Ha, I am sure it happened to many of vinyl collectors. Recently I played Encoffination MLP and well, can they play any slower?!!! Sure they do, if you play it at the wrong speed haha! Anyway, that feeling, when you put a slower speed on the vinyl was something I felt, when I was listening to Necrocarnation and their newest EP "Fragments of Dark Eternity". Damn, their music really sounds slowed down and creepy. Especially vocals sound like they went through some effects, so Nocturnal Antichrist Warrior's (yeahhhh, I know hahavokills really are like deep beastly grunts, echoed in the tomb or cave. Cool effect for sure, and quite unusual also, because vocals definitely do not sound like typical death growls. Maybe they can remind you some old Finnish death metal bands - they always fascinated me with the ultra low sick growls. Here is something I can say the same. 

Anyway, musically Necrocarnation offers really interesting and quite doomy and fuckin heavy and brutal death / black metal. This stuff is harsh, simplistic, morbid and torturous. Did I mention the heaviness? Especially "Antarctic" sounds like a massive monolith of doom / death metal and I really like how Necrocarnation awakes the cold, dark atmosphere there. The title track is also in that same vein and it is also really crushing. But faster songs like "The Call of Tartaros" work very well too, even if they are so simplistic, almost primitive and one dimensional. But there's just something about it that makes me enjoy that music. I guess one of the aspects is that "Fragments of Dark Eternity" doesn't sound like just another death or black metal. There's a bit of more originality, so I have to say that Necrocarnation was a positive experience for me and I am certainly looking forward to hear more from them.  

Oh, the band is from Argentina, which is not a country, where many good bands are located. 

Standout track: " Fragments of Dark Eternity" 

Verdict: 70/100


No comments:

Post a Comment